About Our COVID-19 Relief Fund
NOW AVAILABLE TO SPOUSES.
If you have become unemployed due to the COVID-19 Pandemic and have found yourself in need of financial assistance to maintain your premium payments at this time, we are here to help.
Our COVID-19 RELIEF FUND has been established to assist Family Indemnity Plan (with or without the Critical Illness Rider coverage, FIP-CI) Certificate Holders, or their Spouse/Significant Other on the certificate, who lost their job or had a reduction in income after March 31, 2020, by paying six (6) months of their premiums. This will be a one-time only payment and will be available on a ‘first-come, first- served’ basis until the funds allocated to the programme have been exhausted.
To access the COVID-19 Relief Fund, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be an active FIP-CI Certificate Holder whose certificate has passed the six (6) months waiting period.
- The Member’s coverage must be in force as at the date of the application for the Fund.
- Only one (1) application per Certificate Holder must be completed and submitted along with the required documentation to support the application, for themselves or their spouse/significant other on the certificate.
- Salaried Individuals – Certificate Holder, or their Spouse/Significant Other on the certificate must have lost their jobs or had a reduction income due to COVID-19. This must be supported by an original letter from their former employer.
- Informally Employed Individuals – Certificate Holder, or their Spouse/Significant Other on the certificate must have lost their jobs or had a reduction in income due to COVID-19. This must be supported by a sworn affidavit*.
- Self-Employed Individuals – Certificate Holder, or their Spouse/Significant Other on the certificate must have experienced loss of income/employment due to cessation of business operations due to COVID-19. This must be supported by a sworn affidavit**.
* Affidavits for Informally Employed Individuals must include:
- Your role
- Name of Former Employer
- Former Employer’s address
- Former Employer’s telephone number
- Length of employment
- Date of termination due to COVID-19
** Affidavits for Self-Employed Individuals must include:
- Name of your Former Business, if applicable
- Registered address, if applicable
- Your Business telephone number
- Length of time business was in operation
- Date when business ceased operations due to COVID-19
- This is a limited Fund and will be available on “first-come, first-served” basis. Only ONE application will be allowed per Certificate Holder.
- This Fund applies only to FIP-CI Certificate Holders residing in the following jurisdictions: Trinidad & Tobago, Jamaica, and the Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS).
- Funds will only be allocated to premium payments.
Here’s a checklist of the documents required to apply for assistance from the COVID-19 Relief Fund:
- Completed Application form. Download the Application form here.
- Any one (1) form of valid identification for the Certificate Holder, or their Spouse/Significant Other: National ID Card, Driver’s Permit or Passport
- Proof of Address not older than 3 months for the Certificate Holder
- Salaried Individuals – An original letter from your former employer stating that your termination of employment was due to the effects of COVID-19 or a sworn affidavit stating same.
- Informally Employed Individuals – a sworn affidavit attesting to unemployment due to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Self-Employed Individuals – A sworn affidavit stating that your business operations were terminated due to the effects of COVID-19.
Where to Send Your Application
Send your completed application form, along with the required documents in the checklist above, to your Credit Union or FIP Provider. After you submit the required documents, they will be reviewed and you will be contacted by CUNA Caribbean Insurance to advise whether or not your application has been approved.
Who to Contact
To learn more about our COVID-19 Relief Fund, you can call us at (876) 448-1457 or send us a Whatsapp at (876) 296-8615 / 448-1457. You can also contact your Credit Union or FIP Provider.