The Family Indemnity Plan: Critical Illness Rider
Pushing your limits brings out the best in you and helps you overcome adversity. If that adversity happens to be a serious illness then you could receive an additional benefit of up to $1,000,000 to help you keep going.1 It’s for all who never give up!
- You will receive up to $1,000,000 coverage should you be diagnosed with any of the following covered critical illnesses: cancer, heart attack, stroke, paralysis or major burns.*
- You may sign up for the Critical Illness Rider once you have enrolled in a Family Indemnity Plan.
- You are not required to do a medical when you sign up.
- You may apply for the Rider once you have not reached age 60.*
- You have to wait six months after enrollment to be able to benefit from the Rider, unless you become diagnosed with a covered critical illness as a direct result of an accident.*
- You are entitled to receive only one lump sum payment for the life of the Rider.
- Your family will receive a refund of your Critical Illness Rider premium payments should you pass away without making a critical illness claim before age 75.*
Coverage Under The Critical Illness Rider Will Discontinue:
- If you choose to terminate coverage.
- If you do not pay your Critical Illness Rider premium during the grace period provided.
- When you have reached the age of 75.
- After you have received payment from a Critical Illness Rider claim.*
- Once you have passed on.
You will not receive benefits if your diagnosis of one of the covered critical illnesses* is caused by:
- Willful, self-inflicted injury or illness.
- Abuse of drugs and/or alcohol.
- Committing or attempting to commit a crime or involvement in criminal activity.
- Poison, inhaled poisonous gases or vapours.
- Pre-existing conditions.*
- Bodily injury through external and violent means.
- AIDS, AIDS-related complex or infection by HIV virus.
- Injury, illness or death resulting directly or indirectly from nuclear reaction, radiation or radioactive contamination.
Your Critical Illness Rider Premium:
- Your first premium will be determined by the age you have attained when you sign up for the Rider.*
- Your premium will increase throughout the life of the Rider as you move into a new age band.
With the new Family Indemnity Plan: Critical Illness Rider, two coverage benefit levels are available for you to choose from: $500,000 and $1,000,000. Visit your credit union for Premium Schedule details.
Filing A Claim:
- You must complete a Claim Form as proof of diagnosis for the Critical Illness Rider benefit. We may ask for additional proof in order to determine benefits.
Sign up for the Family Indemnity Plan: Critical Illness Rider today!
For more information ask your Credit Union representative or Family Indemnity Plan provider or call CUNA Caribbean Insurance Jamaica Limited.