Position: Assistant Manager- Risk and Compliance
JOB SUMMARY: The Assistant Manager- Risk and Compliance is responsible for analyzing, monitoring and reporting on risks, and monitoring and reporting on regulatory developments that could significantly impact the Company. Assist with the development and implementation of a Risk and Compliance Management Framework including an Anti-money laundering and Counter Terrorist Financing (AML/CFT) Compliance Program.
- -Assist in the development and implementation of a Risk and Compliance Management Framework and supporting program policies and procedures;
- -Assist in the development and Implementation of risk assessment methodologies, systems, policies and procedures for the identification, collection and analysis of risk related information;
- -Performs and supports periodic compliance audits, risk assessments and ongoing monitoring activities to ensure risk and compliance issues/concerns are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved;
- -Assists with the identification of measures to control and mitigate identified risks and non-compliance occurrences and present same for management’s consideration;
- -Assist with the education and training of the management and staff of CCIJ on the ERM and Compliance programs including AML/CFT;
- -Provides recommendations of means to improve risk and compliance controls, conducts analysis and creates reports to help improve the management of risk and compliance of the business;
- -Provide day-to-day on-going support for the risk and compliance program. Provide updates to the Manager through regular reporting and reviews;
- -Works closely with business units to resolve risk and compliance issues;
- -Assist with business continuity activities including updating of plan for Jamaica’s office and coordinating testing exercises;
- -Assists with the monitoring and reviewing of regulatory and legislative changes, preparing company’s response to regulatory changes and following up with appropriate areas to ensure required changes are implemented;
- -Stays abreast of industry and compliance trends; recommends and implements changes to internal company processes as needed;
- -Undertake other responsibilities and projects as assigned by the Manager.
- -Proficient analytical, statistical and mathematical knowledge and skills;
- -Proficient system and process skills;
- -The ability to present complex concepts to a wide audience
- -Good verbal and written communication skills;
- -Good decision making and negotiating skills;
- -Excellent team and personal relationship skills;
- -Problem-solving and project management skills;
- -Excellent attention to detail;
- -The ability to identify opportunities to improve performance and efficiencies in existing systems.
Three (3) years experience in a similar role at a Finance Institution (e.g. Compliance, Risk, Internal Audit)
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- -Degree in Management, Business Administration, Finance or Professional Qualification (e.g. ACCA or CMA);
- -Certificates of completion from nationally recognized compliance schools are preferred (ICAT, CAMS);
- -Proficient knowledge of other Microsoft Office Applications;
- -Knowledge of statistics, data collection, analysis and data presentation.
Interested persons may apply for this vacancy by submitting a résumé via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The subject of the email should be: Assistant Manager, Risk and Compliance
Closing date for submissions: Friday, 11th September, 2020.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.