The Family Indemnity Plan: Critical Illness Rider
Pushing your limits brings out the best in you and helps you overcome adversity. If that adversity happens to be a serious illness then you could receive an additional benefit of up to $100,000 to help you keep going. It’s for all who never give up!
As the Owner of a Family Indemnity Plan, you may enjoy the following benefits and special features under the Critical Illness Rider:
- You will receive up to $100,000 coverage should you be diagnosed with any of the following covered critical illnesses: cancer, heart attack, stroke, paralysis or major burns.*
- You may sign up for the Critical Illness Rider once you have enrolled in a Family Indemnity Plan.
- You are not required to do a medical when you sign up.
- You may apply for the Rider once you have not reached age 60.*
- You have to wait six months after enrollment to be able to benefit from the Rider, unless you become diagnosed with a covered critical illness as a direct result of an accident.*
- You are entitled to receive only one lump sum payment for the life of the Rider.
- Your family will receive a refund of your Critical Illness Rider premium payments should you pass away without making a critical illness claim before age 75.*
Coverage Under The Critical Illness Rider Will Discontinue:
- If you choose to terminate coverage.
- If you do not pay your Family Indemnity Plan-Critical Illness Rider premium during the grace period provided.
- When you have reached the age of 75.
- After you have received payment from a Critical Illness Rider claim.*
- Once you have passed on.
You will not receive benefits if your diagnosis of one of the covered critical illnesses* is caused by:
- Willful, self-inflicted injury or illness.
- Abuse of drugs and/or alcohol.
- Committing or attempting to commit a crime or involvement in criminal activity.
- Poison, inhaled poisonous gases or vapours.
- Pre-existing conditions.*
- Bodily injury through external and violent means.
- AIDS, AIDS-related complex or infection by HIV virus.
- Injury, illness or death resulting directly or indirectly from nuclear reaction, radiation or radioactive contamination.
Your Critical Illness Rider Premium:
- Your premium is determined by the age you have attained when you sign up for the Rider and the selected coverage option.*
With the new Family Indemnity Plan: Critical Illness Rider, two coverage benefit levels are available for you to choose from: $50,000 and $100,000.
Visit your credit union for Premium Schedule details.
Filing A Claim:
- You must complete a Claim Form as proof of diagnosis for the Critical Illness Rider benefit. We may ask for additional proof in order to determine benefits.
Sign up for the Family Indemnity Plan: Critical Illness Rider today!
For more information ask your Credit Union representative or Family Indemnity Plan provider or call CUNA Caribbean Insurance Jamaica Limited.
Please note: You must be a member of the Credit Union or you can access this plan through our Affinity Partners.
Download the Critical Illness Rider Enrollment Form
N.B. The completed form must be submitted along with the applicable premium to your Credit Union / FIP Provider.