POSITION: OPERATIONS ASSISTANT (Fixed Term Contract)
We are in search of an Operations Assistant (Fixed Term Contract) to provide temporary support for our St. Lucia Office. The candidate will also be required to perform administrative and receptionist duties.
Reception/ Client Servicing duties
- -Receives telephone calls from external parties and directs same to internal parties.
- -Places telephone calls to external parties in accordance with the established procedure.
- -Clarifies basic queries from external parties in a customer-focused and customer-friendly manner, referring to appropriate departments when in doubt.
- -Meets, greets and treats with walk-in customers or members of the public in keeping with established service standards.
- -Receives and sorts mail, packages and related items.
- -Assists with the distribution and/or dispatch of mail and/or packages locally, regional and internationally.
- -Handle enquiries, queries or concerns in entirety, received via telephone, letter, email, website or from walk-in customers
- -Follow up on enrollment issues including outstanding requirements for enrollments
- -Ensure thorough knowledge of the organization’s products or services and keep up to date with changes on company products and services
- -Ensure adherence to CCI’s service standards and policies
- -Implement conservation strategies as designated by manager with an aim at increasing retention rates
- -Maintain accurate records of discussions or correspondence with customers
- -Follow up on all outstanding premiums commencing the first working day after overdue reports are generated
- -Create and update logs for tracking/ recording concerns, complaints, queries and Premiums collected
- -Investigate customers’ complaints with relevant units and assist with providing solutions
- -Processing of payments
Other related duties
- -Processing of payments (e.g. utility bills, office stationary etc.)
- -Tracking, requesting and distribution of marketing collateral for the OECS
- -Processes daily printing of letters for our Credit Union (CU) partners
- -Sorts letters for CUs to be packaged for delivery
- -Assists clients with FIP Cancellation of Dependents
- -Processes FIP Cancellation of Dependents for members over 26 years old
- -Sends FIP Notice Of Cancellation to Members
- -Sends correspondence to members regarding a denial of their enrollment application
- -Processes and disburses FIP Application COI Amendment Letters to Members
- -Processes and disburses FIP Application COP Amendment Letters to Members
- -Processes forms, certificates and other correspondence for members using GPAS-5 Free Form template
- -Perform other related duties as assigned
- -Demonstrated ability in the discharge of client servicing principles and practices and prescribed service standards
- -Strong interpersonal skills
- -Strong client servicing focus
- -Strong problem solving ability
- -Strong organizational skills
- -Excellent oral and written communication skills
- -Ability to work with and through others
- -Ability to show initiative
- -Ability to take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm
- -Ability to relate openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- -Ability to adapt approach and demeanour to match the shifting demands of different situations and personalities
- -Willingness to go extra mile to delight customer
- -Good understanding of internal operations processes
- -At least 3 years’ experience in a client servicing environment, preferably in the insurance industry
- -Demonstrated ability in the discharge of client servicing principles and practices
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- -Five (5) CXC passes, Grades I & II, inclusive of Mathematics & English A (General Proficiency)
- -LOMA Parts I & II
- -Certification (License) to sell financial/insurance products as per regulatory requirements
Interested persons may apply for this vacancy by submitting a résumé via email to email@example.com
The subject of the email should be:
OPERATIONS ASSISTANT– APPLICATION.
Closing date for submissions: Friday 3rd April, 2020.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank you for visiting our Careers Page!
Follow us on Facebook @CUNACaribbeanInsOECS and Instagram @CUNACaribbeanInsurance_OECS for future updates.